Training of Specialty Doctors / Non-Permanent Fellowships (Rotating Residents / Fellows)
1- The doctor of specialization/fellowship is registered with the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties as a resident doctor or a fellowship (copy of registration card).
2 - A letter from the training center which is directed to the Department of Higher Medical Education at King Abdulaziz Medical City in Riyadh / King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences should be sent at least 30 days (preferably 60 days) before the start of the required training.
(With regard to joint training programs: sending a letter from the scientific committee in Saudi Arabia)
The letter contains the following:
• Directed to the Department of Medical Education.
• Name of trainee.
• National ID number (and a copy).
• Registration number in the Saudi Commission (and a copy of the registration card).
• Name of specialization registered with the Commission.
• Trainee level.
• The section you wish to practice.
• The start and end date of the training for each department in which he wishes to train.
When accepting a training application, the intern should:
1. To carry out the medical examination and deliver it to the Department of Medical Education during at least 15 days from the beginning of the training.
(Additional test for trainees in the emergency department: ER N95 Fit Testing and Personal Protective Equipment education class)
2 - Attend the induction program before the start of the training.
3. Delivery of a copy of the national identity of the Department of Medical Education.
4- Submit a copy of the registration card to the Saudi Department of Medical Education.
5 - Mobilization of any other forms of medical education.
6 - Extracting the trainee card through the Department of Medical Education.
Obligations of the trainee with the King Abdulaziz Medical City / King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences:
1. Adherence to all health, academic, ethical, administrative and all regulations imposed by the establishment.
2. After the completion of the training period, the trainee must perform clearance and submit the form to the Department of Medical Education.