Prof. Abdullah Alanazi
Assistant Dean, CPHHI, KSAU-HS.
Abdullah Alanazi is an associate professor in the department of Health Informatics in College of Public Health and Health Informatics-King Saud bin Abdul-Aziz University for Health Sciences. Abdullah has a clinical experience and aims to promote application of information technology through both academia and industry for better patient care. He earned his PhD from University of Pittsburgh-School of Health and Rehabilitation Science in 2015 and achieved the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) credential administered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) in the United States. Beside his clinical background as a pharmacist, he shows interests in the work of Technology Transfer Office (TTO) and Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) of research discoveries.
- Health informatics, College of Public Health and Health Informatics
King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences.
Chairperson, Assistant Professor, Health Informatics
• Teaching activities include classroom instruction, directing projects, assisting with student research and internships in health, public health and information technology.
• Pursue scholarly research and publication, and professional practice.
• Developing and conducting research and securing outside grant and contract funds for scholarly research activity.
• Participate actively as a member of the university community: on administrative committees, search committees, in university governance activities, and student advising.
- Independent Consultant in Area of Health Information Systems
• Worked as an independent consultant and provided recommendations to the higher management in regard to implementation of Health Information System (HIS) in a tertiary hospital in Riyadh city.
- Gulf cooperation council patent office (GCC PO)
(April '01-2002 – June-2009)
Medical Innovation Advocate
• Advocating intellectual property rights for innovative endeavors in fields as diverse as medicine, pharmaceuticals and chemicals.
• Assessing medical and pharmaceutical inventions and verifying its eligibility for Intellectual Properties Rights (IPRs).
• Conducting thoroughness searches for prior art on medical and pharmaceutical inventions and disseminating innovation-related information to society through different means
• Providing different community services to emphasize the importance of creativity and to encourage innovation across organizations and industries.
- Specialized Medical Center Hospital
(June 2007-June 2009)
• Responsible for the oversight of the Pharmacy Department through developing objectives, plan, implement policies and procedures to achieve the objectives.
• Establish quality metrics in accordance with the organization mission and vision.
- ABBOTT LABAROTARY
(Nov '01-2001– Apr’01-2002)
• Providing educational services to healthcare professional in regard to different lines of company products.
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and monitoring positive and negative affects and impacts of the company’s products and adapting proper strategy to mange consequences.
• Keeping up with the latest clinical data supplied by the company and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations
- KING FAHAD HOSPITAL FOR NATIONAL GUARD
(May ’27–2000- Nov '01-2001)
• Provide a range of care for patients, from dispensing medications to monitoring patient health and progress to maximize their response to the medication
• Educate consumers and patients on the use of prescriptions and over-the-counter medications.
• Advise physicians, nurses, and other health professionals on drug decisions
- Doctor of Philosophy
Health Information Management
University of Pittsburgh
School of Health and Rehabilitation
- Master of Medical Education
KING SAUD BIN ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSITY FOR HEALTH SCIENCES COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Master of Health Informatics (2006-2008)
KING SAUD BIN ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSITY FOR HEALTH SCIENCES COLLEGE OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH INFORMATICS
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical since
KING SAUD UNIVERSITY
COLLEGE OF PHARMACY
Telephone: 966 11 429 9999 Ext. 95453