The College of Nursing at King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences established the Assessment and Evaluation Unit to provide educational services to the College and sister colleges at the whole University, including assessment, examinations storage, and questions banking.
Assessment Unit Statement of Purpose
- To define regulations and procedures for written examinations, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCE).
- Streamline the process of examination.
Charges of the Assessment Unit
- Responsible for producing and editing MCQs follow the block blueprint.
- Coordinate for the OSCE.
- Analyze the results of the student exams and submit a feedback report.
- Strengthen the process of Question review by examination review committee.
- Ensure complete confidentiality of the Assessment Unit.
Assessment Unit Responsibilities
- CON data bank of items.
- Item storage.
- Blueprinting of examination.
- Data Bank for examinations.
- Examination Preparation.
- Collection of examination and Distribution.
- Marking and Results Preparation.
- Timely well produced examinations with well organized examination venues.
- Updating Student Information System (SIS).
- Result processing to DAR for student transcript.
- Storage of final Examinations.
- OSCE coordination.
- Result Processing and Announcement.
- Appeal or grievance.
Goals for 2016
- Establishment of Question Bank in CON-R.
- Strengthen the internal MCQs examination at CON-R.
- Extend our services to the faculty member for MCQs review process.
- Ensure Blueprints are developed for all courses.
- Initiate the process of examination review.