The Scholarship Unit at the College of Nursing was initiated to advise and facilitate all scholarly needs. The Unit serves as a resource for information for scholarly policies and requirements. As the Unit evolves through the ever-changing requirements for international studies congruent to the needs of the nursing workforce; it aspires to prepare the college scholars for competitive international academic standards. The unit coordinates with various faculty members experts in different fields of Nursing to address academic advising and program review. The unit also guides scholars to the design and implementation of a successful academic plan and it is responsible for ensuring that all international academic institution’s policies and available academic options are explained and understood by college scholars in order to facilitate academic success.
Through the Scholarship Unit, the college ensures that all capable and qualified scholars are provided with the best possible academic opportunities to be able to contribute to the country’s progress, medical and academic advancement.
In collaboration with the the college of nursing IT Unit, an on-line database called
Scholarship Management System has been recently launched to assist scholars with their academic progress. Each scholar is given an account that they maintain and constantly updates according to their progress. Scholarship requirements, certificates and other academic documents are uploaded and kept confidentially by the Unit’s Chairperson.
- Information dissemination regarding all government policies and requirements concerning scholarships.
- Ensure scholars compliance to mandatory training policies, academic requirements and government processes.
- In constant communication with the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission to the U.S. (SACM) and other concerned government bureau concerning college scholar’s academic progress and status.
- Act as a facilitator between the University’s Postgraduate Education and the scholar.
- Organizes workshops and special meetings for pre-scholars on an individual or group basis to orient and initiate them to all requirements and policies about scholarship.
- Reviews programs and curriculums of different international educational institutions to ensure it is parallel to the Kingdoms cultural belief and academic goals.
- Ensure approved programs and curriculums to be taken by scholars are accredited by the Ministry of Education (MOE) Safeer System.
- Constant monitoring of all scholar’s academic progress to ensure smooth completion of their program and fulfilled academic goals.
- Ensures all inconveniences and or difficulties experienced by both pre-scholars and scholars abroad are handled efficiently.
- Foster competitive academic competency and strong professionalism.
Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission to U.S. (SACM)
Ministry of Education (MOE) Safeer System
King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences (KSAU-HS) Scholarship Announcement
Dr. Eman Dawood
Chairperson, Scholarship Unit
Telephone: +966 11 4299999 Ext. 99443
Admin Assistant Scholarship Unit
Telephone: +966 11 4299999 Ext. 99417
Unit E-mail: email@example.com (CON-R pre-scholars & scholars are strongly advised to use Unit’s e-mail regarding all scholarship issues)