- Doctoral degree in Psychiatric and Mental health Nursing in December 2007 – Faculty of Nursing – Alexandria University. (Scholarship from the Ministry of Higher Education – Egypt).
- Master degree in Psychiatric and Mental health Nursing in April 2002 – Faculty of Nursing – Alexandria University.
Bachelor in Nursing Science in June 1995 – Faculty of Nursing – Alexandria University.
Major Interests/ Working Fields
- Psychiatric and mental health nursing
- Nursing research
Family health and child protection
Student assessment, OSCE, OSVE
Recent research activities/ publications
- Selim, A. and Dawood (2015).Objective structured video examination in psychiatric and mental health nursing: a learning and assessment method. Journal of Nursing Education 54(2):87-95. doi: 10.3928/01484834-20150120-04.
- Dawood, E., Selim, A., Khalil, A. (2013). Electroconvulsive therapy: Effect of an Educational Experience on Nursing Students’ Knowledge and Attitudes. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice 3(9): 123-130.
Selim, A., Ramadan, F., El-Gueneidy, M., Gaafar, M (2012). Using Objective Structured Clinical Examination OSCE in Undergraduate Psychiatric Nursing Education: Is it reliable and valid? Nurse Education Today 23: 283 – 288.