Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing, 2017, Decker School of Nursing, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY, USA
Master degree in 2007 from University of Toronto at Faculty of Nursing in Women’s Health Studies specialty.
BSN from KSU-Riyadh with an honor certificate in 2003.
Major Interests/ Working Fields
- Community-Health Nursing
- Women’s Health
- Health quality
Ethnic, Gender equality and women’s right
Socio-cultural factors and prenatal care among minority groups women
- Barnawi, Najla A, (2019), Concept Analysis of Nursing Wisdom, Biomedical Journal of Scientific & Technical Research, 23(1), 17179-17188, https://EconPapers.repec.org/RePEc:abf:journl:v:23:y:2019:i:1:p:17179- 17188.
- Flanagan, N., Rizzo, V., James, G., Spegman, A., & Barnawi, N. (2018). Predicting Risk Factors for 30-Day Readmissions Following Discharge from Post-Acute Care. Professional Case Management, 23(3), 139-146.
- Barnawi, N. A. (2018). The Effects of a Digital Educational Intervention on Undergraduate Nursing Students' Attitudes, Knowledge and Self-Efficacy with Female Genital Cutting (Doctoral dissertation, State University of New York at Binghamton).
- Barnawi, N., Rouhana, N., & Pierce, C. (2016). Female genital cutting digital book and online resource: American nursing-midwifery care context. Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health, 61(5), 658-659.
- Habiba, F., AlFozan, H., Barnawi, N., & Al-Motairi, W. (2015). Relationship between body mass index, self-esteem, and quality of life among Adolescent Saudi females. Biology of Agriculture and Healthcare, ISSN (Paper) 2224-3208 ISSN (Online)2225- 093X
- Barnawi, N., Richter, S., Habib, F. (2013). Midwifery and Midwives: A Historical Analysis. Journal of Research in Nursing and Midwifery (JRNM), 2(8), 114-121, ISSN: 2315-568x. DOI: http:/dx.doi.org/10.14303/JRNM.2013.064
- Higginbottom GMA, Caine V, Salway S, Richter MS, Ogilvie L, Bourque-Bearskin RL, Mogale S, Bell A and Barnawi, N. (2011) Providing Culturally Safe and Competent Health Care –A Self-Directed Workbook and Digital Resource. Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- March 2018- Present Assistant Professor, College of Nursing-Riyadh, King Saud bin Abdulaziz University
- 2017- 2018 Temporary Adjunct Lecturer-Decker School of Nursing, SUNY Binghamton University
- Sep, 2013 - Dec2014 Lecturer - King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Allied Medical Sciences, College of Nursing in Riyadh
- Participated in Initiating Nurse-Midwifery Master Program in King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Allied Medical Sciences, College of Nursing in Riyadh
- 2010 - 2011 Teaching assistant, Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta.
- 2007/08 Lecturer - King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Allied Medical Sciences, College of Nursing in Riyadh
- 2003 - Jun 2004 Clinical Instructor - Diploma Nursing in Maternity, Pediatric, and Primary Health care. King Khalid University Hospital