Academic Advising and Counseling Unit (AACU) reports to the Academic Advising and Counseling Committee on matters related to effectiveness of academic advising and counseling process in order to ensure optimum student retention, optimum academic performance and personal growth for CON-R
students towards achieving professional goals:
1- Coordinate with academic affairs to establish the academic advisors with students list.
2- Orient the college’s academic advisors and advisees to university/college policies and procedures concerned with students and academic process.
3- Help students explore career choices based on their interests, values and skills.
4- Provide students support for better learning and maturation.
5- Assist students in life and academic crises.
6- Monitor students coping with academic environment.
7- Maintain ethical standards and confidentiality of student’s documents.
8- Identify the needs of advisors and advisees throughout the academic advising and counseling process.
9- Refer students to special university/college services as needed.
10- Monitor the academic advising and counseling progress.
11- Report the academic advisors’ recommendations for improvement.
12- Evaluate the effectiveness of the academic advising and counseling process.
Academic Counseling Unit System (ACUS)
ACUS is a system for Academic Adviser Counseling Unit (AACU) at Collage of Nursing – (CON) King Saud bin Abdul-Aziz University for Health Sciences (KSAU-HS) to facilitate their work and assist them with their task, that provide them with time and efforts to use it in an efficient way.
For instructions how to use system click here
Chairperson: Dr. Mona Al Anazi, Asst. Professor, Nursing Dept., CON-R
Co-Chairperson: Dr. Faiza Abou El Soud, Asst. Professor, Nursing Dept., CON-R
- Dr. Nesreen Bahnsawy, Asst. Professor, Nursing Dept., CON-R
- Ms. Sarah Grace, lecturer, Nursing Dept., CON-R
- Ms. Rufa Mitsu, lecturer, Nursing Dept., CON-R
- Ms. Evangelin Singh, lecturer, Nursing Dept., CON-R
- Ms. Lerma Cabaldo, Clinical Teaching assistant, Nursing Dept., CON-R
- Ms. Anwar Al Obraa, Academic Affairs Coordinator, Academic & Student Affairs, CON-R
- Ms. Maram Ali Al Shalawi, Psychologist, KSAU-HS
- Ms. Haiam Al Ghamdi, Social worker, Student Affairs, CON-R
- Ms. AlAnoud Al Dweesh, Administrative Assistant, Clinical Affairs, CON-R
- student Representatives