King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences (KSAU-HS) of the Ministry of National Guard-Health Affairs (MNG-HA) represented by the Postgraduate Training Center (PTC) at the Deanship of Postgraduate Education (DPE) is well-known and considered a leader kingdom-wide in presenting new developments in the field of medicine, including healthcare concepts and practices through conducting national and international courses, workshops, seminar, meetings, symposia, conferences, forums, and other diversified training programs that are locally and internationally accredited and organized in cooperation with invited renowned medical experts and specialists.
The PTC, which was officially launched in June 1996, has the principle of offering advanced continuous medical education and promoting the professional development of healthcare providers. With its past remarkable achievements, it aims to hold its vision of being a “Center of Excellence" and mission to serve all healthcare providers and professionals to raise their proficiency level by maintaining and increasing collaborations with recognized accrediting bodies, such as: the American Heart Association (AHA®), American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP®), American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), WINFOCUS®, NAEMT®, International Medication Safety Network (IMSN), Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians (CAEP) and National Emergency Nurses Association of Canada (ACMU); Saudi Patient Safety Center; CASS Business School City University of London; WHO Collaborating Center for Infection Control & AMR and the QCC Center for Infection Control; John Hopkins Medicine and Maryland Patient Safety Center; London Neonatal Transfer Service, Barts Health NHS Trust, UK, King Abdullah International Medical Research Center (KAIMRC), and the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFHS).
- - A “Center of Excellence" and recognized as a lead center in the Middle East in the provision of quality and advanced continuing medical education to all healthcare professionals through investment in human capital and partnership with internationally recognized centres.
- - Competitive in the field of education and provision of training programs with a high level of standards in conducting non-profitable continuing medical education activities through the King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Ministry of National Guard-Health Affairs for the benefit of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in general.
- - Acknowledged widely as a reliable representative of the university and the Kingdom in organizing huge medical events.
- - A strong network built with national and international healthcare institutions with spirited leadership, cooperation and teamwork to provide the medical student's awareness on current advances and experiences to grow as professionals by learning from and sharing with one another in an international environment.
- - Provide Mandatory Certification, Continuing Education and Professional Training to KSAU-HS, KAMC, KAIMRC, and other MNG-HA programs, including all healthcare professionals nationally and globally.
- - Offer educational programs that promote excellence in clinical practice based on the needs of healthcare professionals and to adapt the best practice and the most recent advances in medical research and technology.
- - Maintain accreditation and recognition as an international center and seek further local, regional and international achievements.
- - Enhance the exchange of experiences in teaching, educating and training relevant knowledge, skills and values between national and international healthcare professionals and students.
- - Facilitate access to current information through the Symposium/Conferences Database to strengthen the communication of healthcare professionals and students committed to deal with or attend currently offered events.
- - Assist the advancement of researches in medical education and practice in the healthcare sector.
- - Develop an action plan for institutionalizing an integral part of medical and public health practice.
Goals and Objectives:
- - Respond to the education and training needs of the organization, health care professionals and the community.
- - Align the educational activities with the strategic plan and objectives of the whole organization with a cost-effective approach.
- - Provide up-to-date continuing medical and professional education to all local and international healthcare professionals based on their needs.
- - Introduce an information technology system to facilitate our processes and assist in data management by adapting recent developments on IT solutions.
- - Obtain, apply and maintain all local and international accreditations as center of excellence to ensure high standards of postgraduate education are implemented.
- - Systemize and computerize all PTC procedures internally and externally to approach a paperless culture.
- - Reinforce outreach courses and training by increasing the number of offered online educational services to reach maximum beneficiaries.
- - Expand awareness through proper channels for the youth and the public on the levels of Life Support education.
- - Increase the provision of courses to serve the community, such as: Heart Saver and First Aid courses, Basic Life Support courses, and other courses in Arabic language.
- - To introduce a high quality and standardized service that is valuable and offer variable medical topics through the different medical programs to prepare target audiences in addressing their needs and challenges in the healthcare sector through a multidisciplinary lens.
- - To develop the skills by educating and training the undergraduate and postgraduate medical students, residents, physicians and non-physicians, such as nurses and technicians in the academic and practical studies through the exchange of knowledge and experiences with well-known and keynotes speakers and lecturers from different countries worldwide.
- - To provide our events with the most updated medical service system through medical instruments and pharmaceutical company sponsorships that promote the latest medicines and equipment in the targeted field of speciality and in accordance to the world market.
- - To enhance the use of latest technologies in international telecommunications and/or video conferencing to support and encourage innovation and promote excellence in healthcare research through current initiatives and generating a new and focused portfolio of research programs on an emerging global health theme.
No.: (+966 11) 429 1111 Ext. 91024/91098
No.: (+966 11) 429 1111 Ext. 91132