History of the scholarship department
The Scholarships Department was established in 1996, as it was concerned with sending health affairs personnel at the Ministry of National Guard from various health and non-health specialties, and in the year 2005 after the establishment of King Saud bin Abdul-Aziz University for Health Sciences.
Excellence in developing and facilitating scholarship opportunities on a competitive and equal basis for all candidates.
Developing a distinguished quality and efficiency in performance and providing services to faculties by qualifying human cadres from teaching assistants and lecturers to obtain specialties from reputable universities in the world.
Strategic management objectives
Provides scholarship opportunities for faculties to meet the needs of the Ministry of National Guard Health Affairs and King Saud bin Abdul-Aziz University for Health Sciences.
Supporting scholarship programs based on the rules and regulations of Education in Saudi Arabia.
Manages and posts scholarship announcement quarterly.
• Corporate Scholarship & Training Committee for MNGHA
• Corporate Scholarship & Training Committee for KSAU-HS
• Selection Committee for Physicians Scholarship.
• Selection Committee for Non-physicians Scholarship.
• Selection Committee for Dentist Scholarship.
• Selection Committee for Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship.
• Selection Committee for KAIMRC Scholarship.
Scholarship tracks at KSAUHS & MNGHA:
• Residency Programs.
• Training and Research.
Services provided by the Scholarship Department
Coordinating with all departments to announce programs and scholarship opportunities available in various medical or health specialties, preparing interviews, issuing financial guarantees, travel tickets, and following up on scholarships during study.
General requirements for scholarship (Health affairs and University)
• Saudi national.
• 45 years old and below for Fellowship programs.
• 40 years old for master's degree.
• 35 years old for Residency.
• GPA of at least 3.5 out of 5.
• Saudi Board or equivalent.
• Registration/License from Saudi Commission for Health Specialties.
• Passing the special requirement provided by the department (if any).
• Must pass the interview.
As for the university's specialties
• Must be less than 30 years old.
• GPA of at least 3.70 out of 5.
• The graduation date must not exceed three years.
• Must pass the special conditions provided by the college.
Announcements, selections, and screening (interviews and exams)
Scholarship opportunities usually are announced through the website, after receiving applicants, they will be sorted according to the criteria and qualifications mentioned in the announcement, the selected applicants will proceed to personal interview stage
Pre-scholarship / before scholarship
After passing the interview and medical checkup, the scholarship candidate will be in a pre-scholar position for one year and be provided with a financial guarantee to obtain acceptance from an accredited university by the Ministry of Education.
After obtaining the approval of the college/department, the application is presented to the Committee of Scholarships for a recommendation, and the final endorsement of His Excellency, the President, will be obtained. The candidate must coordinate travel procedures and open a file with the Safeer platform in coordination with the scholarship department, which will be the only platform for communicating with the candidate and receiving his requests during his scholarship period.